|SLAMMED!!! For the First Time Sales Manager
Welcome to the fourth book in the Sales Management Guru series, this book was designed with the same philosophy as the first three books-that being Sales Leaders generally don’t have a lot of time and they generally have a lot of challenges. This is especially true of the first time sales manager, in many of my consulting projects or in our workshops we are working with sales managers who are being introduced to the role for the first time. If they have been in the role for more than four months, they are SLAMMED! When I suggest that the lifetime of a sales manager is 18 months, many begin to feel the pressure. That is why I wrote this book, to give the first time sales manager a fighting chance to win and succeed. This book is jammed packed with ideas, tools and thoughts that not only I have experienced but I have seen in 15 years of consulting.
This specific book is meant to provide great value to address both time management and a variety of challenges the first time sales manager faces. We broke the book into general sections that are at the crux of a sales manager’s world and within each section we are providing short topical discussions that will provide answers to the day to day and long term challenges sales leaders face.
My goal is be a rich resource for new and existing sales managers. BONUS: Check out the appendix for the complete list of Acumen Management Group’s Sales Leadership resources.
We are expecting to complete the Sales Management Guru series this year with a total of six books, which when I started writing 10 years ago, my goals was five!
These books and Acumen’s Interactive Sales Manager’s Tool Kit, (robust online library of Sales Management Tools) and monthly newsletter “Why Sales Managers Succeed!” can provide any business the information, real world solutions and idea’s to building high performance sales organization.
Our award winning blog is a must read for sales managers; www.YourSalesManagementGuru.com
Read the story behind SLAMMED!!! For the First Time Sales Manager
Your Sales Management Guru Guide to Leading High Performance Sale Teams
This is your book if you need ideas on increasing your sales team’s performance, leading and managing your sales organization to the next level. 39 chapters literally jammed with hundreds of proven ideas that address every aspect of sales management. Plus a bonus section: The job of sales management, a prescriptive approach to building predictive revenue-a must read by every sales manager.
Discover great tips on:
Your Sales Management Guru’s Guide to Recruiting High Performance Sales Teams
- Making Monday Morning Sales Meetings count
- Recruiting and Interviewing like an expert
- Building a sales culture of high performance
- Why leadership Matters
- Creating your own sales certification plans
- Developing Sales compensation plans that work
- Making sales contests that drive sales and build teamwork
- Measuring and managing sales activity
- Finding leading indicators that predict revenue
- Building a self managed sales team
- Making the 4th quarter great!
- Time management for sales leaders
What’s the number one challenge of sales management? Recruiting and hiring top talent. Where organizations have focused on quality hiring sales and revenue problems don’t exist, customer satisfaction levels are high and morale/culture is terrific. While most sales organizations focus on creating a sales process to increase sales performance, they yet fail to develop a recruiting and interviewing process that attracts ensures they Hire the Best, Not the Best Available. And then they wonder why their sales training and sales process didn’t work? The Sales Management Guru recommends sales leaders spend up to 25% of their time recruiting and interviewing-yet most have never been trained on that aspect of the job. This book has been designed to assist you in improving your skills and in building the systems and mentality required to increase the performance of your sales team. It is all about improving your odds.
We have included the tools to help you improve your performance; interview scorecards, interviewing questions, and sample job descriptions. Plus; a bonus section: the Sales Management Guru has included a sample three week new hire on-boarding process to ensure you initially train them properly and increase their ability to quickly begin to generate revenues.
Why you need this book in your sales management library:
- Learn to develop your ideal salesperson profile
- How to create a sales candidate funnel
- Find out why many sales managers get fired in less than 18 months
- Knowing the best candidates may not be looking when you are and how to find them
- Why taking the emotion out of hiring is the key to interviewing
- Learn how an Interview Scorecard screens out the “empty suits”
- Why social interviewing is important
- Why and how to use a sales case study to evaluate your candidates
- Learn the differences in using sales assessments and why they are an important factor in selection
- How to properly conduct a telephone interview and use scoring list to assess talent
- Use social media to evaluate your sales candidates
Your Sales Management Guru’s Guide to Building Sales Compensation Plans for High Performance!
Sales compensation is only one ingredient in building a high performance sales team, but a very important one. In 25 years I have created many sales compensation plans and during the last 13 years as a consultant I have been involved in designing hundreds of plans. The key is aligning the sales compensation plan to the organizations objectives. In this book I have described both the strategic and tactical aspects of designing, testing, rolling out and measuring the effectiveness of your sales compensation plans. I cover why compensation is a strategic and secrets of creating compensation plans that pay for performance and build a culture of success.
Why Your Need this book in Your Sales management Library:
- Learn to Determine The Elements of What Your Can Incent
- Why the Cost of Sales Formula is Critical to Understand
- Why You Must Calculate Your Salesperson Break Even Analysis
- How to Build Sales Accelerator Plans That Blend Revenue and Margin
- Blending Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly Plans
- Why Team Compensation Plans Can Be Important in Culture Building
- Six or Twelve Month Compensations Plans-Which is Best for Your Team?
- Building Sales Contests that Achieve Your Goals
This book has it all!!!Success Simplified has been written by the individuals who have learned the secrets to success. Where in one volume can you learn from Stephen Covey, Ken Thoreson, Dr. Tony Alessandra Patricia Fripp?Ever wonder why you feel like you’re on a treadmill, trying to go faster and juggling many different tasks while trying to please everyone? You’re not alone! These days it seems that everyone is trying to grab the gold ring but the carousel is going too fast and it’s too complicated to and competent strategies to reach out and actually grasp it. Maybe it is a matter of redesigning success. We each have the opportunity to choose what success is for us. What if you took command and chose your own meaning of success so that you could love the life you live?The insights shared by the authors in this book have the capacity to not only inspire but transform your life. Take advantage of the valuable information they have provided. You’ll be glad you did!
“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key toBased upon Ken’s exciting and meaningful keynote program, the reader will discover the importance of creating personal theme for their lives. Finding personal and professional balance, and creating the three ingredients to create a menu for life:
success. If you love what you are doing, then you will be successful.”
This book has been designed for everyone; it will create dynamic changes in your life and the lives of those you touch.
- the passion of impact,
- breaking out and becoming more creative and
- being real and being more.
Praise for Your “Ken Thoreson has hit a home run the Your Sales Management Guru’s Guide series. If you want to take your sales team to the next level, read these books!”
Sales Management Guru's Guide
- Jeb Blount, CEO of SalesGravy.com and “If you’re a crazy-busy sales manager and constantly worried about reaching your revenue goals, follow Ken Thoreson’s savvy advice to create a high-performance sales organization.”
Author of People Buy You:
The Real Secret to What Matters Most in
Business and Power Principles
- Jill Konrath, Author of SNAP Selling“Your Sale Management Guru’s Guide is the most practical how-to book on the topic of recruiting top sales talent that I’ve read.”
and Selling to Big Companies
- Roberto (Bob) F. Sanchez, Managing Partner,“Ken’s series of books are jammed packed with processes, systems and ideas that can be easily implemented for immediate impact.”
SunGard Consulting Services and
former CEO & Managing
Partner of Sales Performance International
- Brett Clay, Author of Selling Change:“No fluff, no theory, no cheerleading, just substance. In his series of Your Sales Management Guru’s Guide books, Ken Thoreson delivers solid, practical, actionable guidance for sales management success. From crafting a vision to maximizing the productivity of weekly sales meetings, Ken provides concrete recommendations that sales executives can begin applying immediately to make a positive difference in their teams’ performance. “
101+ Secrets for Growing Sales by
Leading Change Praise for Your
Sales Management Guru's Guide
- Tom Pick, Social Media Consultant“Ken Thoreson’s Your Sales Management Guru’s books are among the best sales management books I have read.”
and Webbiquity blog author.
- Thomas J. Winninger, CPAE,“Quick, ready-to-use sales management tools that are right on target for today’s new 21st Century sales environment. Now more than ever, sales leadership and sales management are critical components to organizational success. Effectivelyexecuting that role is essential. These tools are an invaluable asset to anyone who has responsibility for organizational sales success.”
founder of the Winninger
Institute for Market Growth Strategies.
- Frank Chamberlain, International Sales“Ken Thoreson applies his in-depth experience to help sales leaders do the things which need to be done - consistently and persistently. If you are serious about becoming the very best sales leader that you possibly can become, I urge you to read Ken Thoreson’s words of wisdom – and then read them again.”
Consultant and Trainer,
President of Resource Technologies, Inc.
- Jonathan Farrington, CEO of Top Sales Associates, Chairman of The jf Corporation
and the creator of Top Sales World.